It’s fair to say it has been a complicated couple of months for independent bookshops everywhere, but we have been in awe of the way so many have coped and adapted to creatively sell books during this period. The Barnes Bookshop is a great example – the team were amazing throughout lockdown, taking orders and hand-delivering books wrapped beautifully in brown paper with handwritten notes!
We were thrilled to see so many bookshops reopen their doors last week. Here is a short list of some of the indies we at the agency especially love and want to highlight and celebrate this week:
- Petworth Bookshop in Petworth, West Sussex.
- Rother Books in Battle, East Sussex.
- St Ives Bookseller in St Ives, Cornwall.
- Review in Peckham, London.
- Ink@84 in Islington, London.
- The Barnes Bookshop in Barnes, London.
- Burway Books in Church Stretton, Shropshire.
- Bookish in Crickhowell, Powys.
- Simply Books in Bramhall, Cheshire.
- Mr B’s Emporium in Bath.
- Owl Bookshop in Kentish Town, London.
- Kibworth Bookshop in Kibworth Beauchamp, Leicestershire.