Television, Digital, Company
The Soho Agency is recruiting for a full-time team assistant to provide administrative and creative support to the TV & Digital department who represent TV presenters, influencers and content creators. This specific role is a newly created post working as part of a small, fun and energetic team within the agency. This is an ideal job for someone with a keen interest in the entertainment and media industry, and a passion for factual television, the arts and culture. The role will be office-based in central London (but currently encompassing some working from home where essential during Covid restrictions) and the successful candidate will start as soon as possible after the closing date. Full training will be offered.
The Soho Agency is a leading literary, theatrical and talent agency based in Soho, London. We represent clients across a range of areas including award-winning on-screen and digital talent, internationally best-selling authors and illustrators, leading writers, directors and creatives for theatre, film and TV, high-profile speakers and major brands. We are a boutique agency (with 19 employees) with a rich history and a high-profile client list which includes Tim Peake, Sarah Beeny, Rangan Chatterjee, Colin Furze and Dick & Angel Strawbridge.Experience & Skills required:
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (including Outlook, Word, Excel – inc. spreadsheets & PowerPoint).
• You will need to be able to demonstrate your passion for Factual TV and digital creators, as well as your knowledge and enthusiasm for the arts and culture more generally
• You will be a confident communicator with a good sense of fun who enjoys a fast-paced working environment
• Attention to detail, an ability to manage several tasks at once and good problem-solving skills will be key, as will being able to work well under pressure and think on your feet
• Able to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proven work ethic
• Educated to degree level OR have commercial and/or industry experience
• Some database entry experience an advantage
• Diary and phone management for TV & Digital team – scheduling meetings, appointments, reservations and bookings. Some minute taking.
• Updating agency software Tagmin, creating weekly schedules, updating client calendars
• Adding jobs to BP database accounting software and managing our purchaser vendor portals (training will be provided)
• Generating invoices and chasing payments due
• Liaising with accounts team
• Maintaining and updating internal databases and systems
• Creating and updating media packs, compiling and sending out pitch materials
• Managing social media posts from company accounts
• Website updates and news stories, handling fan mail
• Ad-hoc tasks for the TV / Digital dept and Agents
• Any other day-to-day tasks that may arise from running of a small independent busy agency
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter (which includes your notice period, if relevant). Applications to be marked for the attention of Melissa Fontaine at email@example.com by 9th June 2021 . Please include TV and Digital Team Assistant in the subject line.
The starting salary will be £23,000 per annum.
The Soho Agency employs people on the basis of their abilities. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.